
5 years ago today at 1:10 in the afternoon (CT Time) you were born! You were gorgeous with a little dark hair and beautiful blue eyes and you had 10 fingers, 10 toes and the cutest roundest head ever. You were 19 and 1/2 inches and 6lbs 4 oz. When you came home from the hospital you had lost a little bit and were 5lbs 9oz. You were such a tiny peanut!
I went in for a scheduled amnio to see if your lungs were developed. (I had gestional diabetes and they wanted you out 2 weeks early if possible. They had me terrified of giving birth to a 10 pounder and that they would have to break your shoulders to get you out!) If your lungs were developed we would come back the next morning for induction.
Well... things did not go as planned. The needle went somewhere it wasn't suppose to, blood came up the needle and they lost your heartbeat. From there it went to pure craziness as I was rushed into a c-section to get you out. I was terrified! During the amnio I was so scared of the needle that I left a bite mark in my hand from trying to stay so still and not to cry. Now they were going to cut me open - oh boy was I scared!!! Then the anesthesia made me feel like I was going to throw-up - I so don't do anesthesia well. I kept screaming "Oh the Pressure" even after they had you out - Daddy thought that was pretty funny! Daddy was able to be with me during the c-section and was the first to hold you right after you were born.
Only 1 other thing scary happened in the hospital. My IV "broke" and blood started to come out of it. I looked down and was covered in blood and started screaming which then scared daddy who went into the hallway and started bellowing for a nurse. Did I mention me and needles and blood - so don't do them well...Anyway they got that fixed and the bed changed and I got fresh clothes and all was well.
Daddy slept at the hospital every night with you and mommy. He was so excited to learn how to take care of you! He changed everyone of your diapers at the hosptial so mommy could rest. Daddy even wanted to learn how to give you a bath and took you to the class they gave in the hospital - and he was the only man there.
After you were born we called everyone with our exciting news and Grandma and Grandpa got Nic from school and brought him up to the hospital to see beautiful you. He came in sporting an I'm the big brother t-shirt with a beautiful Build a Bear that he had stuffed with tons of love just for you! He was so excited and proud to be a big brother! He loves you so much!
We had lots of visitors come to the hospital to meet you and to give you lots and lots of LOVE! Aunts and Uncles and Granparents and Friends and cousin Sebastian.
Justin your first name was given to you because daddy and I both loved it and your middle name, Alexander, was given to you because that is daddy's middle name too. Not too long ago we also learned that Justin was your great-grandfather's name on Daddy's side and your Uncle Billy's middle name - he was named for his dad. We were so excited that a name we loved carried such ancestry.
Justin, I hope you always feel how much you are loved by so many people! Daddy and I are so happy that you chose us to be your earthly mom and dad and we are so blessed to have you as our son!
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Justin!!!!
Post a Comment