It was one of those days! Ya know the kind that you wish you were still back in bed and could have a do over of waking up?
That was my day Thursday.
I woke up about 7 to the sound of the phone. "You have to come to Burger King and get me the suburban is dead", said the voice on the other end of the phone line. "What!", I said. "Grab the jumper cables and get down here the suburban's battery is dead, not even the lights are coming on", said the now irritated voice.
So I jump up wake the boys, Nic insists upon staying in bed, Justin is up for the adventure and away we go.
(All the way there I am praying oh please, please let it just be the battery. I have the $ in savings to pay for that but nothing any more expensive.)
After trying to charge the suburban - no luck we drive to Checkers to buy a battery and beg to let them allow us to borrow their tools for a few mins so Alex can change the battery in the Burger King parking lot. But, they forgot to give us a wrench we only got sockets so a nice gentlemen let Alex borrow one and then told him to keep it as he had 4 others - the kindness of strangers!
- PS if you are ever in a jam that wrench is in our suburban. I told Alex it is the wrench that keeps on giving and one day he can hand it to the next person who is in need of one.
So my husband heads to work and I head home to relax. In the afternoon we head out to Ironwood to grab a few items at Frys to make spag sauce and to pick up Nic's friend Wes. It is REALLY HOT OUT. We get out to the Tahoe and I unlock it. Decide it is too hot for the kids to get in while I load groceries so I start the car. I shut the driver's door to open the back door and let Justin in and ALL THE DOORS ARE LOCKED, CAR IS RUNNING, PURSE IS INSIDE! AND IT IS REALLY HOT!!!!!!!!! Did I mention that as soon as you start the Tahoe all the doors lock.... yup I blanked on that!
Luckily Nic has his phone and I call my friend Deanna and luckily she is home! She drives over and picks up my kids and groceries and drives the 20 mins back to my house to get another set of keys and a gas can - just in case I run out of gas and then another 20 mins from my house to frys - what a wonderful friend I have! It was miserable hot and after standing by my car for awhile to make sure noone tried to smash a window and take off with my running car and purse I walked up and sat on the patio table chairs out of the sun. At that point I was so hot they could of stole it for all I cared! Well Deanna got back and I got in my car and got gas and then went to pick up Wes. But oh, no the story doesn't end there...
I have now picked up Wes and we are trying to get out of Pecan Creek onto Ironwood and I have 4 cars behind me. All of a sudden I feel awful I quickly put my window down and no lie threw up 8 times out my window over and over again. I can finally stop and do a little u and pull over. Got sick a couple more times and then felt much better (I think it was the sun and heat).
Now meanwhile poor Wes was in the back seat the whole time! I turn around and say Wes I am so sorry! He said that's ok then he hands me a big hershey bar he had brought and says, "this will help you feel better!" How sweet was that?
The rest of the night was uneventful! Including the boys late night of videos! I walked upstairs at 10:00 and Wes had already fallen asleep on the floor so we kicked him into the spare room and told Nic bed at 11:00. Thank goodness for quiet endings...
Simple Fridge Habits to Save You Money
5 days ago




2 comments:
Oh, no you poor thing!!! I'm glad that the day ending quietly for you.
(Thank you for taking care of our home even though you were not having the best day though!)
THat is the story of all stories. I can't imagine. We got back late last night, have had a bit of a day myself. Talk to you soon. Lets do dinner or something!
Post a Comment