A BOY IS

TRUTH with dirt on his face,

BEAUTY with a cut on his finger,

WISDOM with bubble gum in his hair,

and theHOPE of the future with a
frog in his pocket.

LITTLE GIRLS

Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs

And all the precious memories of times that once were.

Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow

And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.

Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls

And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls.

Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,

And these are the reasons, little one, why everyone loves you.

Author: Karen Barnes



Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Month of May - Glad to say Goodbye.

I am so glad that today is the last day of May.  It has surely been a trying month.

May
2nd - William had Pink eye and sinus infection.
11th - Jaxen Upper GI
15th - Jaxen modified barium swallow test
15th - Suburban died at Fry's gas station. Battery completely dead. Alex at work 1.5 hours away and I am with all 3 babies. It is over 100 degrees out. Luckily a friend was able to jump the burb so I could drive home. Also luckily Alex left work early to replace the battery. Why? See below.
15th - William fell off the chair and got his 1st staple in his head.
18th - Alex admitted to hospital with pneumonia, kidney function not good.
21st - William staple Removed.
21st - Jaxen Pediatric GI specialist.
21st - Alex home from hospital.
24th - Alex back in hospital with what they thought was an infected knee after tapping it. 2 hour surgery on knee, removed lots of gout and repaired a torn miniscus.
26th - Alex home from the hospital.
31st - Just to give us a good kick on the way out, May decided to give us another cost with Alex's car overheating. I am now without a car hoping for a low cost repair.










It has been a rough month! But Alex is back to work. William's head has healed. Jaxen is feeling so much better. The GI feels he is allergic to the formula - he sounds like he has bronchitis all the time, wheezing congested cough. He projectile vomits and is fussy. He is not asperating during feeding but def has reflux really bad. So he is on elecare a tube feeding formula that is completely broken down. He is also on 2 meds. 1 during the day and another at night. I think we are finally getting him to feel better. He is smiling and cooing and kicking. It does my heart so good to have him happy and not in pain. Emma is getting chunky and is always so happy. She loves to laugh and talk to you. I love dressing her up in pink and ruffles and bows! William is CRAZY! We now have a wrought iron gate screwed into the wall at the stairs and the chairs are bungy corded to the table. William does not slow down. He is one busy boy trying to keep up with his older brothers, love on his younger siblings and be jealous of everyone! Alex is feeling better and is back to work. He is working closely with the kidney dr to monitor antibiotics and gout meds to protect his kidneys. Nic is done with school the 31st and is a senior - I'm still not sure how that happened??? Justin is done on the 31st also and made Principal's list again. He is excited as his teacher is moving to 3rd grade and he has her again. I am still holding onto my sanity, just barely. I have been blessed with some super friends that have been helping me. I am super excited to go home and am looking forward to our June vacation.

2 comments:

CzechPlease! said...

OMG Kristi! I had no idea Alex was ill and in the hospital. I don't know how you are doing it, I really don't. You are Superwoman. All of the kids are getting so big. I am so glad you found some answers for Jaxen. They are all so prescious.

I started my blog so check it out ;) June is so busy I am not sure I will be able to connect with you while you are in Connecticut. That makes me so sad. I wish I didn't have to work!

Xoxox for all of you!

Heidi said...

What a month!!! Hopefully June will be much pleasanter :-) (Should be, since you have a trip home coming up!)