A BOY IS

TRUTH with dirt on his face,

BEAUTY with a cut on his finger,

WISDOM with bubble gum in his hair,

and theHOPE of the future with a
frog in his pocket.

LITTLE GIRLS

Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs

And all the precious memories of times that once were.

Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow

And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.

Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls

And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls.

Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,

And these are the reasons, little one, why everyone loves you.

Author: Karen Barnes



Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rite of Passage

Is cutting your hair or someone elses a rite of passage for kids?

Today Justin wanted to spike his hair. After working on it for about an hour with a comb and water his bathroom was soaked and he was frustrated. I reassured him that it was okay that his hair was too long and he just needed a haircut.

Wrong words...

He wants to go get a haircut NOW. I say no not now later. I go on the computer and think he is playing quietly somewhere. I get off the computer and notice something strange on the floor. Strangly it appears to be hair. "Justin did you cut your hair", I ask. "No!" he yells from upstairs. I check my scissors they are all in the drawer - wierd I think.

At lunch a little later I look up from eating and notice the bald patch at the top of his head. AHHHH!!! I ask, "what did you do! You're BALD." He says that is ok daddy has a bald spot too. (Daddy got his head shaved almost bald on Friday.) So now we talk about how he could cut himself and stitches and Dr.'s etc. I don't really think he cared too much.

Now he really does need a hair cut!

No comments: