A BOY IS

TRUTH with dirt on his face,

BEAUTY with a cut on his finger,

WISDOM with bubble gum in his hair,

and theHOPE of the future with a
frog in his pocket.

LITTLE GIRLS

Little girls are made of daisies and butterflies and soft kitty cat purrs

And all the precious memories of times that once were.

Little girls are made of angel's wings and giggles and a firefly's glow

And all the happy feelings, deep inside, that we all know.

Little girls are made of cinnamon and bubbles and fancy white pearls

And snowflakes and rainbows and ballerina twirls.

Little girls are made of sunshine and cupcakes and fresh morning dew,

And these are the reasons, little one, why everyone loves you.

Author: Karen Barnes



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dr.s appt and I'm still starving!

The Good:
My blood pressure was much lower and the Dr was quite happy about that.
The Bad:
My sugars are borderline but he doesn't want to up my meds right now as he is afraid I will have sugars that go too low and I will get shaky and pass out.
The Ugly:
He doesn't seem to care that I AM STARVING. This is not an I am craving ice cream, it is a stomach growling HUNGER! Plus I have LOST 3 lbs this week - yes 3 lbs! I am now down 5 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. My Dr. so doesn't care - the baby is doing great and getting the food he needs. I just might cry! I also might have mentioned that I am afraid the baby is going to be HUGE because of my sugars, it might of been something like this, "ummm, if this baby is 10 lbs I am probably going to freak out!" I am sure he thought I was a hormonal pregnant mess...

I now have weekly appts. Next week includes a nonstress test. I am also praying for guidance in how to handle the v-bac vs natural childbirth. The Dr is pushing natural. But he can't even use gel to ripen my cervix, but he can break my water - and he says since Nic was a fast delivery - under 2 hours from 0 station to being in my arms, with 0 pain meds - this one will be too. I'm scared. If I don't progress do I really want to go through the pain of labor just to then go through the pain of a c-section recovery? But, the thought of them cutting me open and putting a spinal in my back already has me ready to come out of my skin. So I am praying God will choose the best path for me. Maybe I will go into labor naturally at 38 weeks or maybe the baby will be breech and then it is a def. c-section. He and I talked about the amnio - I totally don't want another one after it landed me into an emergancy c-section when they did something wrong, blood came up the needle and they lost Justin's heartbeat. So, don't want a repeat of that! He doesn't care for them either - so... since lung development is poor for baby when mom has gestational diabetes he is leaning to 38 almost 39 week delivery - unless something happens with sugars or blood pressure prior.

So, I am still cleared to do my crazy house cleaning and organizing. Hoping to make some homemade spag. sauce this weekend from our garden toms. And hoping to find on craigslist or at a garage sale a really old cheap long bureau or buffet I can sand down, change knobs, and paint to make a beautiful downstairs changing table for the baby so I don't have to run up the stairs to his nursery a ton - although that would be good exercise :) I saw a couple really cheap options at the DI last weekend but they weren't the perfect one... I also still need to work on buying this poor boy a going home outfit, my mind is set on getting to a baby gap - their clothes are just so cute.

No comments: